This article introduces AirAsia's Baggage, Fare Rules, Seats, Terminals, Customer Service and other informations.
AirAsia is the largest Budget Airlines by passengers carried and jet fleet. The group consists of affiliate airlines such as Thai AirAsia, Indonesia AirAsia, AirAsia X, AirAsia Philippines, AirAsia Zest, AirAsia Japan, and AirAsia India. The entire group operates scheduled domestic and international to over 100 destinations spanning more than 24 countries.
- IATA: AK, Z2, QZ, D7, PQ, Z2, DJ, I5, XT
- Commenced Operations: 1996/11
- Main Hub: KUL KLIA2
- Low Fare
- Includes 7KG of carry-on baggage, date/time change allowed with penalty fees, name change/rebooking/cancellation not allowed.
- Value Pack
- Includes 7KG of carry-on baggage, 20KG of baggage allowance, 1 meal, standard seat selection, date/time change allowed with penalty fees, name change/rebooking/cancellation not allowed.
- Premium Flex
- Includes 7KG of carry-on baggage, 20KG of baggage allowance, 1 meal, hot seats selection, up to 2 date/time changes allowed, Xpress baggage, Xpress boarding, name change/rebooking/cancellation not allowed.
- Premium Flatbed
- Includes 7KG of carry-on baggage, 20KG of baggage allowance, 1 meal, flatbed seats, multiple change of date/time, priority baggage, priority boarding&check-in, Pillow and duvet for onboard use, name change/rebooking/cancellation not allowed.
Displayed: Prices include taxes, but not service fees
Tax: Varied for different government and airport(eg. from KUL to TPE, airport tax is 32 ringgit, 10.73 SGD)
Service Fees: Credit Card Processing Fee, varied depending on origin(eg. flights from Taipei is TWD 200 per one-way)
AirAsia Carry-On Baggage Rules
- Size: Cabin baggage 56 x 36 x 23 cm, Handbag 40 x 30 x 10 cm
- Weight: 7 KG
- Piece: 1 cabin baggage + 1 laptop in its carrier with its accessories or 1 handbag
Checked Baggage Rules
- Size: 119 x 119 x 81 cm
- Weight: Each piece must not exceed 32KG
- 15KG MYR 26.5(Pre-Selected)
- 20KG MYR 31.8
- 25KG MYR 42.4
- 30KG MYR 63.6
- 40KG MYR 116.6
- 20KG MYR 89(Pre-Selected)
- 25KG MYR 99
- 30KG MYR 129
- 40KG MYR 199
- Piece: Unlimited
For more charges and fees info, click here
Differ for each route and aircraft type.
For AirAsia X's mid and long-haul routes, the Airbus A330 has 377 seats.
For AirAsia's short-haul routes, the Airbus A320 has 180 seats.
Pitch: 81.28 cm
Width: 41.91 cm
- Standard Seat MYR 39
- Quiet Zone Standard Seat MYR 69
- Hot Seat MYR 129
- Quiet Zone Hot Seat MYR 149
Extra Add Ons
- Comfort Kit(Eye Mask, Duvet, Pillow)
- Car Rental
- SkyBus KUL Airport Bus
Information Needed for Booking
- Contact Address, Phone Number, Email
- Credit Card
- Log into BigShot to expedite booking process
- Online check-in available from 14 days to 1 hour.(AirAsia X can check-in online up to 4 hours before departure)
- Boarding Pass can be printed online beforehand
Airport Counter Check-In
- Self check-in available at Kiosk with QR Code
- Counter closes 1 hour before departure for checked baggage
- Please be at the boarding gate 20 minutes before departure
- Outside Food or Drinks not allowed on the plane.
- Malaysia: 1600 85 8888, 9am - 6pm(GMT+8)MON-FRI.
- For other languages, please refer to here